FGS Agri are seeking a General Operative to join our Contracting Enterprise.
Reporting to the Contracting Operations Manager the role will include:
- Undertaking such duties reasonably expected of a general operative, including but not limited to tractor/trailer driving, telehandler operation, excavator operation and any other machinery utilised in the course of the business activities.
- Mounting and operating all machinery in a safe and compliant manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks on plant and machinery, including greasing and fault identification.
- To undertake such tasks that are reasonable requests of your line manager using the plant and equipment of the company as provided.
- To undertake and perform manual duties from time to time that do not require machinery including, but not limited to farm and estate maintenance, fencing and ditch clearance and building maintenance work.
- Provide your own tools and toolbox in order to perform basic on-the-job maintenance.
- To maintain the cleanliness of the plant and equipment such that it portrays a good company image.
- To maintain qualifications in order to comply with regulations surrounding the equipment provided for use in the course of business.
- To comply with company procedures and guidance for the operation of plant and equipment.
- To ensure all paper work and records of operations are completed with as much relevant detail as possible to enable the correct information is collated in the office so that wages are paid and customers charged.
- To report in any faults with plant and machinery when performing daily checks so as to prevent substantial damages occurring.
- Comply with all Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
Note: This job description is not exhaustive. In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their Manager from time to time to meet the ongoing need of the business.
This is a full time, permanent position based in Pluckley, Kent.
Closing date for applications: Friday 29th March 2019
If you are interested in this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org