A vacancy has arisen due to progression within the business for an enthusiastic, dedicated, forward thinking Contracting Operations Manager to help develop and shape the future of the agricultural contracting enterprise within FGS Agri.
FGS Agri is a group company of Heathcote Holdings and are a premier agricultural and utility contractor working across the South of England, predominately Kent providing operational solutions for agriculture and associated industries including the utility and ecological sectors. With the ability to be at the leading edge of innovative technology and equipment development options within the role and business are not limited to our current service provisions. With a focus on service delivery and providing complementary services to all stakeholders throughout the supply chain, attention to detail is paramount.
Whilst this may sound cliché, this will be a hugely rewarding job, but will also be a role that will challenge, so you must be ready to roll your sleeves up and get actively involved in wider business operations – and, if you’re looking for a “clock in, clock out job”, this role and this company will not suit you!
With the position focused on actively managing day-to-day operations, some of the following activities will be part of the role:
- Day to day active management of customer requirements, staff, resource and machine allocation to maintain maximum utilisation and cost effectiveness
- Mentor and develop the contracting team, including undertake appropriate skills training
- Actively promoting the agricultural contracting business, liaising with stakeholders to ensure all future work is discussed, priced and secured
- Regular contact with stakeholders to discuss other works and solutions that the group may be able to assist
- Recruit appropriate staff, full time and seasonal as required for the workload
- Managing fleet resources and availability including working with the business workshops to maintain, repair and service equipment in a proactive way
- Develop marketing strategies to promote upcoming work loads
- Review pricing structures actively in conjunction with relevant costs
The ideal candidate for the Contracting Operations Manager role will have the following background:
- Experience working in a similar role and has a good understanding of modern Agricultural activities
- Naturally has a proactive and outgoing personality – thrives in a fast-paced/high growth working environment
- Customer focused
- IT literate and willing to learn, understand and promote new working practices
Please note, due to the nature of the position there will be a requirement to work varying hours and weekends during seasonal periods. This position will be mainly office based. Competitive package for the right candidate dependant of experience and attributes.
Please apply in confidence to email@example.com with your current CV detailing your current position and salary.
No agencies please.