Working with the Haulage enterprise, the main duties of this role include the operation of walking floor and bulker trailing vehicles. The vehicles are based in Kent but you will be working as required throughout the UK including London, the position will require some night outs for which you will be expected to use the sleeper cab.
Your main working base will be Sittingbourne, Kent depot but there may be a time where you will have to work temporarily from one of our Group company premises.
- To drive Category C/C+E vehicle safely, legally and efficiently as required.
- To comply with all drivers hours and Road Transport Directive legislation.
- To maintain driving and plant operation qualifications.
- To load and unload vehicle and maintain safety and security of load at all times.
- To carry out all necessary checks to ensure vehicle is safe, legal and to follow appropriate procedures if it is not.
- To act as company ambassador when dealing with customers.
- To complete all paperwork promptly and accurately as required.
- To plan and adapt routes as necessary and feedback to the office on any issues around load planning and routing.
- Experienced in all aspects of driving LGVs – Drivers CPC required.
- Thorough knowledge of drivers hours’ legislation, tachograph procedures and other legal obligations.
- Demonstrable route planning and map reading ability.
- Walking floor experience preferred but not essential.
- Comply with all Health & Safety requirements in depot, on road and at customers’ premises and to take responsibility for ensuring your own fitness to drive at all times.
Note: This job description is not exhaustive. In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their Manager from time to time to meet the ongoing need of the business.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday 29th March 2019
If you are interested in this role please email your CV to email@example.com