FGS Agri are seeking a Plant Machine Operative/HGV Driver to join our team based at Sittingbourne, Kent.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive instructions from the Line Manager regarding jobs to be done and carry them out efficiently in accordance with the law and the best interests of the company.
- Operate machines, equipment and plant as requested and in accordance with policies, procedures and appropriate training.
- Transporting materials as instructed by your line manager from designated areas to identified on site areas – using appropriate vehicles and equipment.
- Loading materials as directed by the Line Manager around the site – using appropriate vehicles and equipment, ensuring all lorries, bins and containers are loaded in a timely fashion, all materials and waste are loaded in to containers ensuring the site is kept clean and tidy.
- Complete all requested reporting information.
- Carry out driver’s maintenance correctly, at the correct intervals and report all vehicle equipment/container faults immediately by the approved system.
- Report any accident affecting vehicles, equipment, self or third parties to the Line Manager at once. Complete necessary forms fully.
- HGV (Class 2) driving on and off road as requested
- Loading using shovel, telehandler, materials handler or other loading machine
- Sweeper Driving
- Keep all vehicles clean and tidy as well as jet washing and maintaining appearance, this is to be done at regular intervals.
- Conducting shift handover at each end of your working shift, conduct walk round check at the beginning of each shift.
- General Maintenance, including washing and maintaining good appearance of vehicles.
- Ensuring compliance with all company procedures.
- Keeping the site clean and tidy.
- Operating equipment safely and competently.
- Assisting with the general operation as required.
- You must adhere to all Company Policies & procedures (including but not limited to) those specified in the Employment Handbook, H&S Policy, EMS System, IMS System, Management Guide and any financial/accounting systems.
- You must remain aware at all times of your responsibilities for your own Health and Safety, for the Health and Safety of those directly responsible to you, your working colleagues and any others who may be effected by the operations under your responsibility or control. You must ensure that at all times the correct PPE is worn. Please refer to the Health and Safety Policy for further details on your specific responsibilities.
This is a full time, permanent role.
Must have HGV Class 2 license
Note: This job description is not exhaustive. In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their Manager from time to time to meet the ongoing need of the business.
If you are interested in this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org citing Plant Machine Operative/HGV Driver as the subject.