The purpose of this role is to manage and promote the health, safety, environmental and quality assurance elements of our business based at our family farm in Pluckley, Kent.
You will provide leadership and direction to our management teams; proactively supporting and providing guidance as well as taking ownership of the company’s SHEQ Management System to ensure quality performance targets are attained and the company complies with all regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Maintaining, developing and embedding a robust health and safety culture.
- Manage annual external SHEQ/ISO audits, including ISO 9001, 14001, 18001 and 45001
- Assessing quality standards on the business; communicating changes and applying where relevant.
- Maintain and manage the company quality policy
- Review and update risk assessments for all operations, offices and sites to regulatory and internal standards
- Maintaining the company profile with Achilles audits (and others from time to time)
- Support the investigating of incidents and accidents where required and produce detailed factual reports identifying root causes and recommendations for prevention.
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and best practice within the industry, relaying the salient points of interest to the Management team
- Working with the individual Managers with tender requests and negotiations; providing all SHEQ related information and documentation to assist in providing competitive responses.
- Promote awareness of Health and Safety matters through relevant communications for example toolbox talks and briefings, delivering training where necessary
Requirements for role:
- 5 years practical experience
- Ability to work under pressure and make decisions when required
- IT literate
- QMS knowledge and demonstrable experience of managing and auditing ISO standards 9001, 14001, 18001 and 45001.
- Ability to work within a close team in a family orientated business.
A full job description is available upon request.
This is a full time position offering an attractive salary for the right candidate.
Apply with CV and covering letter stating current position to firstname.lastname@example.org