We are seeking a dynamic, experienced Working Arable Manager, for our business in Ashford, Kent.
The role will be focused on managing the Kent arable enterprise reporting to the Farm Manager. The key objectives being to maximise the productivity and profitability of the arable business within the confines of good agricultural practice and cross compliance.
- To forward plan, in consultation with Senior Management and specified agronomic advisers, arable cropping including rotations, varietal choice and the marketing and sale of produce.
- To plan ahead and provide work instruction, direction and leadership to all arable enterprise staff and to encompass responsibility for their motivation and discipline. Regular team talks and appraisals to be undertaken at least annually with documented feedback conveyed to the Farm Manager and HR for career development and training provision purposes
- To take a proactive and practical approach to management and leadership for your staff – be prepared to get stuck into day to day activities to show engagement and leadership.
- Maintain regular two way liaison between FGS Agri and its agronomic advisers, ensuring operations and recommendations are undertaken efficiently and in a timely fashion.
- The preparation and production of work sheets, electronic or otherwise, risk assessments and suitable methods statements along with the effective management of these operations. Post operation of processing of paperwork and recording on the centralised server will be your responsibility.
- The accurate recording of consumable/chemical deliveries and maintaining stock levels for the individual contract farming agreements where required utilising the electronic recording with Farmplan Gatekeeper.
- The keeping of records for ACCS purposes i.e. cropping, applications, field work, crop storage, rodent control and farm machinery maintenance.
- To take responsibility and be accountable for the Enterprise staff, their timesheets, costs and reallocation through redeployment of their time within the business. You will be required to authorise staff timesheets and process in a timely fashion to ensure that the payroll can be processed to the month end timetable.
- You will be responsible for price gathering, purchase of and/or oversee the purchase of chemical, seed and fertiliser. You will also be involved in suitable machine selection, evaluation, acquisition, along with marketing and release of surplus and end of life machinery.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven practical agricultural experience to provide robust and effective leadership whilst being confident and have an engaging management approach
- Have enthusiasm and passion to do the job well – first time
- An ability to multitask whilst under pressure
This is a permanent, full time role.
If you are interested in this role please email your CV to email@example.com
Closing date: 20th March 2019