FGS Agri are an integrated business supplying the needs of the agriculture and utility sector across the South East, as part of the Heathcote Holdings Group.
The company prides itself on providing solutions to our clients promptly and professionally, whilst continuing to expand within a rapidly moving sector.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Workshop Supervisor to join the team at Pluckley, Ashford.
- Maintaining and upkeep of a variety of farm contracting equipment, machinery and fleet vehicles, including LGV Units, tankers/trailers, pick ups, vans, self propelled machines and agricultural equipment
- Carry out MOT preparations, servicing and repairs on our fleet.
- Undertake welding, fabrication and machining work as necessary.
- Carry out repairs to hydraulics and electrics.
- Responsible for the procurement or parts/consumables for workshops.
- Responsible for work allocation and job flow in the workshop including scheduling and labour allocation for day to day operations.
- Manage inward goods, checking quantities, dispatching goods and receipting invoices.
- Providing hands-on assistance, responding to business needs as required.
- Act as a technical adviser on key projects and other areas of the business as requested.
- Work with the team to respond to client’s requests for updates on the status of their jobs and keep the communication channels open to ensure information is accurate.
- Implementation and development of electronic systems to record, file and store information.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Proven experience in an Agricultural Mechanic and/or LGV fitter role
- Relevant LGV mechanic qualification, such as BTEC or City & Guilds (desirable)
- A full UK driving licence with C+E entitlement (desirable)
- 5 years practical experience
- Ability to work under pressure and make decisions when required
- Ability to work within a close team in a family orientated business
- Ability to work on own and part of a team
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
The role is a permanent, full time position Monday – Friday: 47.5hrs per week with opportunities for overtime.
Please apply to email@example.com with your current CV detailing your current position and salary expectation.