An opportunity has arisen within FGS Agri (part of the Heathcote Group) for a Working Arable Farm Manager. We are an integrated business supplying the needs of the agricultural industry across South East England and currently cropping 1,200ha. Key Features:
- An opportunity to manage an arable unit within a mixed farming operation with a suckler herd in addition to contracting and organics businesses.
- The use of the latest technology and machinery.
- Produce consistently high-quality crops with the support of our Agronomist.
- Maximise the productivity and profitability of the Arable Enterprise within the confines of good agricultural practice and cross compliance.
- Keep records for ACCS purposes, i.e. cropping, applications, field work, crop storage, rodent control and farm machinery maintenance.
- Provide work instruction, direction and leadership to arable enterprise staff and to encompass responsibility for their motivation and discipline.
- Undertake the management and operation of the Contract Spraying Enterprise.
- Work as part of an integrated team with our livestock, Organics and Contracting enterprises reporting to the Company Chairman.
- An agricultural background and knowledge of the industry is essential.
- At least 5 years practical and relevant experience essential.
- Self-motivated with an eye for detail
- Computer literate
- PA1 & PA2 essential
- BASIS would be an advantage
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Arable enterprise for an operator. FGS Agri (part of the Heathcote Holdings Group) are an integrated business supplying the needs of the agricultural industry across the South East, this comprises of 2200 acres of arable land. You will be working with a range of modern machinery alongside a hardworking, friendly and professional team. Key Features:
- Operate machinery including combine harvesters, crop sprayers, telehandlers and excavators.
- Arable and general farm work
- Assist the Arable Manager in the day to day running of the Arable Enterprise
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks on the agricultural machinery
- Undertake manual duties such as farm and estate maintenance including fencing, ditch clearance routine building maintenance.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the plant and equipment such that it portrays a good company image.
- Full driving licence
- 2 years practical agricultural experience.
- PA1 and PA2
- PA4S/G and PA6 desirable
- Telehandler and ATV ticket
We are looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Stockman to work with a 200 strong suckler herd and followers, predominately Limousin cross Sussex. You will be involved in all aspects of the day-to-day farm, general livestock duties, feeding TMR, calving (including nights), fencing, stock handling and other associated duties. You will be someone with a proven track record, experience in livestock husbandry, who is well-organised and keen to take on responsibility to ensure the highest standards of herd health and welfare are maintained. You will also be required to keep up to date with daily maintenance of all livestock machinery, be a competent machine operator who is able to carry out general farm work to include grassland and arable operations during summer months. Good tractor and telehandler skills are required. A positive, enthusiastic, and hard-working attitude is essential. You must be self-motivated and able to work on your own as well as within a team. This is a great opportunity for an experienced person wishing to develop their skills. A full UK Driving Licence is required. Very good facilities and excellent farm layout. PA sprayer and telehandler tickets desirable but not essential as training can be provided.
Apply with CV and covering letter stating current position to firstname.lastname@example.org